We hope you love our recommendations! Some may have been sent as samples, but all were independently selected by our editors. Just FYI, BuzzFeed and its publishing partners may collect a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page.
Just 36 Stunning Pieces Of Clothing You’ll Want To Wear As Long As The Cold Weather Permits
Brrr, it’s getting cold outside but luckily these pieces are both warm *and* fabulous.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A perfectly oversized blazer that’ll complete any cool-weather outfit with a touch of effortless class. The best part? It also happens to be *way* more affordable than it looks.
Promising review: “Just fabulous! Looks much more expensive. Good quality and fit! Just the right weight for fall into winter for sure!!!!” —karen Conner
Get it from Amazon for $74.90+ (available in sizes XXS–5X and 16 colors/styles).
2. A wonderfully soft button-down so you can achieve your goal of looking like autumn in the human form. Mark my words, you’ll be rockin’ this one straight through to Christmas.
Promising review: “Love this shirt! Definitely getting in the other colors. I’ve washed it once so far and no complaints.” —Jenna Lauren
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 37 colors/patterns).
3. A jaw-dropping metallic open-back maxi dress perfect for all the fancy holiday parties and events you’ll be attending. Who says you can’t look gorgeous without having your limbs turn into Popsicles?
Rebdolls is a size-inclusive, Latine woman–owned biz that specializes in coats, dresses, bathing suits, jeans, and more!
Get it from Rebdolls for $99.90 (available in sizes S–5X).
4. A reviewer-beloved turtleneck dress you’ll keep in the rotation for as long as the cool weather permits! Wear it with your classiest OTK boots or opt for leggings and heels.
PS: It has pockets!
Promising review: “I love this sweater dress! I bought it in two colors. I live in Wyoming, and it is very cold here during the winter months. I wear this dress with a pair of fleece-lined leggings, and I stay very warm. I have received many compliments from coworkers. This sweater dress is loose, but I think that makes it comfortable. I love the pockets. I was even called a VSCO girl because of this sweater lol.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $42.99 (available in sizes S–3XL and 45 colors/prints).
5. A faux leather Levi’s jacket if you’re taking inventory at the beginning of the season and suddenly realize this nonnegotiable staple is somehow missing from your closet. Crisis averted!
Promising review: “I absolutely love this jacket! I wear it all the time and it’s perfect for all seasons and most all occasions. It was definitely a splurge on my end but it was so worth it. Yes it’s stiff at first but more use of it makes it mold to your body. Highly recommend this!” —Kelley
Get it from Amazon for $64.01+ (available in sizes XS–4X and 43 colors/patterns — not all styles available in all sizes).
6. OR, a Levi’s Original Trucker Jacket with a warm, fuzzy lining that continues to be a popular favorite for a reason! It’s stylish and lined to keep you warm. It comes in a few colors so you can find one that matches your preferred ~winter vibe~.
A lot of reviewers advise sizing up!
Promising review: “Love this jacket! I’ve wanted a trucker jacket for some time now and this is perfect. I purchased it larger than my normal size since I wanted it to be roomy to wear sweaters or layers for the cold weather. It’s comfortable and warm. Great staple and addition to my wardrobe.” —Elissa Robinson
Get it from Amazon for $99.99+ (available in sizes XS–4X and seven colors).
7. A glamorous pleated button-down set you’d have to shell out 10x as much for at a designer shop. It’s light enough to wear while it’s still warm out but is also great for layering when it starts getting nippy.
One reviewer even said they looked like they “walked out of a Gucci magazine” while wearing it!
Promising review: “I don’t normally leave reviews but this set is so much more beautiful in person! I didn’t stop getting compliments on how cute it is and where I got it from. Super comfortable and lightweight. Don’t hesitate and just get it! Perfect for day to nighttime.” —Natalie
Get it from Amazon for $30.99 (available in sizes S–XL, in shorts or pants, and 34 colors).
8. Or this comfy matching jogger set when you want to spend exactly zero minutes planning what to wear when you’re about to face the cold weather. It has roomy pockets and a drawstring waist so you can get the right fit — what more do you need?
Promising reviews: “Great fit, comfortable for traveling. Wore them on a 6-hour plane trip. Washed up great! Love the style and look.” —the.barlow.house
“I’m traveling quite a bit and needed something for the airport that looked more put together. I got the khaki colored set in long sleeve and can I just say WOW! I wasn’t expecting much since clothes online are hit or miss but this is absolutely a hit! The top is slightly cropped but not too much. The pants are super cute and have a jogger ankle fit. The pleat on the front of the pants brings it all together and makes it look very elevated. I’m considering buying it in other colors as well.” —Chelsea Burgess
Get it from Amazon for $46.99 (available in sizes S–XXL and 20 colors).
9. A plaid button-down shacket if you simply cannot choose between a shirt and a jacket but know you want to stay warm *and* look fabulous. This genius hybrid was basically made for outdoor exploring on a brisk day!
Promising review: “I absolutely love this!! Fits perfectly! It’s long and a little big. How I want it. Quality is amazing! Very thick fabric. Will keep you warm with style!! Looks much better in person! I’ve received so many compliments!! I’m definitely ordering more in different colors. 😍” —Tonya Green
Get it from Amazon for $33.99 (available in sizes XS–XXL and 12 colors).
10. A retro-inspired houndstooth mini dress because how could you *not* feel like the most stunning person in the room while wearing this gem? If you don’t buy it, I will.
Lilly’s Kloset is a Black woman-owned small business based in Houston, founded by Kemetria Lilly.
Promising review: “This is a definite head turner. It fit me excellent. It’s definitely worth it, don’t think just buy.” —Ro
Get it from Lily’s Kloset for $108 (available in sizes S –L).
11. An iconic pair of faux leather wide-leg, cropped pants so you can create the edgiest look of the season. Keep it casual with sneakers or get fancy with some heeled boots!
Would you believe me if I told you these are MACHINE WASHABLE?!!
Promising review: “I own this crop pant in the orange, olive, and a fun medallion print from last fall. I’ve worn them all so many times; they have great stretch, and are high waisted and very [cute]. Dress up or down, great for the holidays!!!” —LaBuzz
Get it from Anthropologie for $148 (available in straight sizes 23–34, plus sizes 16–26, tall sizes 23–33, and petite sizes 24–34 and in three colors — not all colors available in all sizes).
12. A newsboy cap for anyone who wants to keep their head warm with, quite possibly, the cutest accessory to ever exist. There are so many ways to style it, you’ll never run out of outfits to pair it with.
Promising review: “My new favorite hat! So cute and goes with so much. Everywhere I go I get compliments on it, and I absolutely love that I didn’t have to break the bank to be trendy. This same style of hat from other brands is around $60–$100! I do have a big head, so it is a little snug. Over time, it’s loosened up a bit though! Get it for those bad hair days or just to add an extra dose of cute to your outfit.” —McKenzie
Get it from Amazon for $10.78+ (available in one size and 28 colors/prints).
13. And this slouchy beanie to ensure maximum warmth on all your fall and winter escapades, whether that be a trip abroad or a trip to your fave dive bar! Did I mention it’s lined with fleece?
There’s also an adorable pom-pom version of this hat!
Promising review: “This beanie went with me everywhere this winter. If it wasn’t on my head, it was in my purse. I love the slouchiness of it, it’s very warm. The inside is a soft velour, it’s well made and durable, and it stretches to fit any size head. I plan to purchase this in additional colors for next winter.” —Elizabeth
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in one size and 25 colors).
14. A lightweight windbreaker that’ll make any outfit more colorful with its unique designs. It’s made to withstand wind and rain, so don’t let a bit of gloomy weather put a damper on your apple-picking plans.
Diop is a small, Black-owned business that was founded in Detroit in 2018 and makes gorgeous apparel and accessories inspired by the African Diaspora.
Former BuzzFeeder Britt Ross says: “Spoiler alert: I’m OBSESSED with this jacket, and it’s gotten me tons of compliments. After an excruciatingly hot summer, I’m so ready for layering weather and this one’s perfect for those in-between-temperature days fall is notorious for. When I first got it last year, I wore it outside on a wet, drizzly day, and was pleasantly surprised to find it kept me completely dry! The adjustable hood stayed put, even when things got a little windy, meaning my hair — which usually frizzes up just at the sight of water — looked exactly the way it did when I left the house. Oh, and don’t get me started on those gorgeous prints — I’m tempted to move to the rainy Pacific Northwest just so I can justify getting another one. Note that it’s a little oversized, so I’d consider sizing down if you’re in between!”
Get it from Diop for $69 (originally $79; available in sizes S–XXL and four prints).
15. An oversized fuzzy jacket so you can look your best while feeling like you’re wearing a warm, cuddly teddy bear instead of a regular ol’ jacket!
Promising review: “The material is so soft, and the jacket in general is light enough for a nice day but cozy enough to keep you warm against a breeze. Perfect for Midwest weather.” —Mia Powell
Get it from Amazon for $48.99 (available in sizes S–3XL and 30 styles/colors).
16. A striking bodycon gingham dress if your style can best be described as “business chic.” Finish the look with a cardigan or blazer and your fave pair of heels or boots!
Promising review: “This dress was very well-made, I did not find any flaws, the quality seemed very good. One thing I was surprised about, was the way the pattern matched in the seam work, you seldom find that anymore in clothing. I was quite impressed to find a reasonably priced dress, with top quality material matching. I would have expected this quality to be at an upscale boutique.” —M
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in sizes XS–5XL and 10 prints — not all styles available in all sizes).
17. A form-fitting jumpsuit for a one-and-done ensemble that’s always ready to serve up some major looks. It’ll look ~flawless~ paired with your favorite puffer jacket or vest, too.
Just note that you might want to choose your undergarments wisely, as reviewers say it’s made of a thinner material.
Promising review: “I love this one-piece! It’s comfortable enough to just throw on and go, yet cute enough to dress up for a night out. I ordered black and it fits like a glove. ☺️ It has a lot of stretch to it. I will be ordering more colors.” —Quadirah
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 15 designs).
18. An unbelievably comfy linen sweater with a loose fit and wide sleeves that you’ll probably want to live in for the foreseeable future due to the cuddly factor being OFF the charts.
The Bliss Nature / Etsy
The Bliss Nature is a Lithuanian small biz on Etsy creating a variety of linen clothing and accessories, from loungewear and sweaters to aprons and dresses.
Promising review: “Oh my god, this exceeds all my (very high) expectations! It’s PERFECT! Absolutely gorgeous as well as lightweight and soooo comfortable. I’m ecstatic.” —Sibylle Leon
Get it from The Bliss Nature on Etsy for $96.75 (originally $110; available in sizes XS–3XL and six colors).
19. A pair of fleece-lined faux leather leggings when it’s time to revamp your legging collection with some chilly-day options! They’re comfy, fierce, and will add an extra touch of style to any look you put together.
Promising review: “I love love love these pants. I bought the black and the green. Comfortable and fit nicely. They keep you warm on a cold evening!” —Sheila Montgomery
Get them from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes XS–4XL, including regular and tall sizes, and in 27 colors/styles).
20. Or these sleek thermal leggings lined with thick fleece to warm you up when the temps drop *without* putting a damper on the super chic outfit you planned weeks ago!
Promising review: “The reviewer who says ‘it’s like wearing kittens on your legs’ is spot on. Kittens, small teddy bears, whatever you want to call it — these leggings aren’t lined with fleece — it’s low-pile, stretchy faux fur. I went out to a concert on a miserably cold and windy February evening, with these leggings under a skirt. I’m terribly cold-blooded, and even I felt like, ‘COME ON, WIND, BRING IT ON.’ There’s one potential negative: the seams around the crotch and butt are obvious. ” —Nouvelle Héloïse
Get them from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in 12 colors and styles, as well as packs of two).
21. A luxe-looking asymmetric-hem turtleneck you can wear with leggings OR your go-to pair of blue jeans. It’s so dang versatile, no one will have any idea how many times you’ve worn it.
Promising review: “This is my absolute favorite sweater I own!! Dress it up or wear with leggings for a cozy day. It’s absolutely comfortable in every way. Worth every penny!” —TUV
Get it from Amazon for $42.99 (available in sizes XS–XL and 3` colors/patterns).
22. Or, a more fitted turtleneck because we all know it’s not officially cold-weather season until you’ve worn a top like this *at least* once.
Promising review: “I love this sweater! It washes well and hasn’t faded, even though I’m not careful about how I wash it. I have already ordered it in other colors. It’s a great value for the money.” —MolB
Get it from Amazon for $23.92+ (available in sizes XS–6X and 21 colors/patterns).
23. OR a cropped turtleneck, which looks like it belongs on a NYFW runway with all its stunning details. Tbh, how could you not keep wearing it?
Promising review: “This cropped turtleneck sweater is soo soft and comfy!! Perfect for my high-waisted jeans! So cute and the button detail gives it an extra flair. LOVE.” —Amy M
Get it from Amazon for $44.90 (available in sizes XXS–3X and five colors).
24. A ~dynamite~ quilted vegan leather jacket with snap buttons if you adore the bomber jacket look — this will round out any ensemble while also keeping you plenty warm, so you can’t go wrong.
Z Supply is a woman-owned small business creating truly the best basics on the planet.
Promising review: “Been looking for a leather-look jacket but motos, blazers, shacket styles I was finding were all so big and stiff. This jacket, however, adds a touch of edge and is super soft and comfortable. Bought a M, might have been able to wear a S, but the M ensures a sweater will fit underneath.” — Tina S.
Get it from Z Supply for $99 (available in sizes XS–XL).
25. An off-the-shoulder maxi sweater dress so you can achieve your cool-weather dreams of serving major looks while somehow feeling like you’re wearing a snuggly blanket.
Get it from Eloquii for $109.95 (available in sizes 14–32).
26. A lovely off-shoulder jumpsuit, aka a walking compliment magnet. It’s got long sleeves *and* pants for warmth, so you’ll be able to wear it well into next year!
Promising review: “If you want to feel like you’re wearing your favorite comfy PJs but look like a million bucks while you go shopping or to dinner, then buy it. I loved this, my boyfriend loved this, random strangers loved this. Material is soft, stretchy, and looks expensive.” —Kristen Bogue
Get it from Amazon for $36.99 (available in sizes S–XL and 17 colors).
27. Or a glorious velvet jumpsuit perfect for days that never seem to end and you just know you’ll be wearing the same thing for hours and hours. When you’re feelin’ *and* lookin’ this good, that’s never an issue.
YouGa / Etsy
Yes, you’ll have to hand wash, but just look at it! Worth it.
YouGa is based in China and specializes in lovely made-to-order dresses, coats, pants, and skirts. P.S. This item ships for free!
Promising review: “Absolutely amazing jumpsuit! It’s beautifully made and fits perfectly. I wore it to my friend’s wedding and received many compliments. Delivery was quick, too.” —Ned Karam
Get it from YouGa on Etsy for $64.35+ (originally $71.50; available in sizes S–6XL or a custom size, and nine colors).
28. A flow-y pair of palazzo pants you’ll never want to take off because they somehow manage to complement every single outfit you’ve got up your sleeve. Fancy date night? Check. Casual shopping day? Check.
Promising review: “I ended up buying five pairs in different colors and talked a friend into one. (She loves them). These are top quality. Tailored like fine trousers. Extremely comfortable, soft, flowing material. I can wear year round. Fit is perfect. Washed with no problem. I pressed a little because I like a polished look. They do not wrinkle with wearing. Bonus was they are such a good price!!!” —Chris
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in sizes XS–2X and 31 styles — not all styles available in all sizes)
29. A darling knit midi skirt when your fave type of cold-weather clothes are the ones that you can dress up *or* down depending on your mood. Slide on some sneaks to keep it casual or dress it up with some heels.
Get it from our Goodful shop for $100 (available in sizes XS–L).
30. A wonderfully twirly plaid shawl so you can succumb to your dreams of being cozy at all times and wrap yourself up whenever you want. It has charming fringe accents and comes in several color schemes, too!
Promising review: “This shawl is absolutely glorious! It’s the kind of style you can wear for a night on the town or for a hike in the woods. It’s very soft and lightweight and when the wind started picking up, it kept me quite warm.” —Charlie Spudinsky
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in one size and 14 colors).
31. OR, a plaid scarf that can truly be worn in so many ways. Drape it over your shoulders like a shawl or tuck it in your coat when it’s time to bundle up!
Promising review: “I have four of these and love them ALL. I wear it as a light shawl or around my neck as a warm scarf. Lovely material.” —Sonja E. Coleman
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in one size and 27 prints).
32. A show-stopping wrap sweater dress set to become your best-kept wardrobe secret — everyone will be asking for fashion tips after you debut this head-turning number.
Promising review: “Okay, I am totally in love with this dress. I am always skeptical buying clothes online, especially dresses, when I can’t try them on. But WOW. This dress is so beautiful. It fits like a dream and the material is such wonderful quality. I have already bought it in two colors. I love the tight fit and that it’s not too tight, but just tight enough. This dress keeps me incredibly warm as well so I can totally wear it during wintertime! I love that the tie is a separate piece because you can make it just how you want. It’s a perfect fit! I have nothing bad to say about this dress, and I can’t wait to buy more!! :)” —Katie
Get it from Amazon for $48.99 (available in sizes S–XL and 23 colors).
33. A super soft pullover hoodie dress so you can have the best of both worlds instead of having to choose between your two favorite things. It’s long enough to wear by itself or you pair it with leggings when it’s cold!
Promising review: “I love this thing! This was my second one and I sized down even more on this one. The other was a bit on the larger side. This one fit perfectly but still a little oversized. I always get compliments when I wear this and it is so comfy. I typically wear it with jeans and sneakers for an athleisure look. It definitely runs large, though.” —RJackson
Get it from Amazon for $43.99 (available in sizes S–3XL and 14 colors).
34. A vibrant, ’70s-inspired striped top — something you’d expect to find at your favorite vintage boutique only to break your own heart when you see the price tag. Not this time!!
Promising review: “Great striped top with retro flair. I absolutely love this shirt! I’ve already worn it several times since it arrived in the mail a few weeks ago. It fits true to size, is very comfortable, and easy to style. Definitely a new wardrobe favorite.” —Tori Radday
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL and seven styles — not all styles available in all sizes).
35. A set of cute and cozy wool blend socks to keep your footsies happy all throughout fall *and* winter, because frozen toes are 100% not it.
Promising review: “First let me say, I am a sock person in the wintertime, hardcore. While socks do not touch my feet during the summer months, I have issues with anemia and once the snow begins to fall, my poor toes get cold rather quickly. I happened to grab these on a lightning deal and they are FANTASTIC! Soft, warm, and the patterns are adorable! These shall be my go-to winter socks for years to come.” —Mombie
Get a set of four pairs from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in sets of four or three and 15 styles).
36. A colorful striped pullover with just the right amount of slouchy sweater vibes for the season. It’s easy to throw on when you’re in a hurry to get out the door but still want a cute outfit for the day!
Promising reviews: “This sweater is adorable! I love the unique color combo, I got the orange and navy striped and it is a staple in my wardrobe. You can dress it up or dress it down, it is not itchy, it is not too thick or too thin. It looks great with jeans and boots, you could wear it in the fall or in the winter! I love it as a front-tuck option for my high-waisted jeans. I’ve washed it several times on cold and hang it to dry and it still looks great! Excellent value for the super reasonable price point.” —Ashley Mancione
“Love love love this sweater! Warm and cozy and the colors are exactly as the pictures show. Great with jeans or leggings.” —Diane
Get it from Amazon for $38.99 (available in sizes S–XL and 15 designs).
Reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.